Sunday, May 18, 2008

Spring time!! ketchup!

This is just alittle bit of what i have been up to as of late
the spring time mix is just some of the music that I've been listening to lately. my new favorite band is MGMT they are a two piece out of Brooklyn NY. supper fun indy/dance shit, it gets me really stoked for the summer/ hanging out with friends/road trips. the new dead meadow is on this mix and i'm a huge fan of theirs but i have a few things to say about it. this new album is really good and all but i feel they took a more alternative rock approach. which isn't a bad thing but i m like "what happened? are they trying to make more money by attacking a new crowd?" thats all good and fine, but they don't jam as hard on this one as they have in the past, and homes sings a lot more. i guess thats what i really love about them was the jamming. they still totally shred, they are still making killer music. don't get me wrong. i'd just rather hear their signature sound.
last month i quit my job of 3 years in Berkeley to get a much better job a a way cooler salon in SF. i am making twice as much money and have more freedom then ever before.
i am playing music out of my house and making designs for t-shirts and i am in the middle of creating distortion peddles casings out of natural materials. that pretty much
raps it up for me. this page is an example of sound and vision.

Photobucket



1.ART - I think im going weird
2.Damon - Song of a gypsy
3.Dead Meadow - The queen of all returns
5.Espers - Meadow
6.Gun Club - Sex Beat
7.MGMT - Time to pretend
8.Music Emporium - Nam myo renge kyo
9.Electric prunes - Wind up toys

Photobucket

this is my new t-shirt design, tye dye and the life cycle graphic. i am gonna have more shirts with the same design but different shirts. so let me know what you think and if you would like me to custom make you one.
Drop acid not bombs

1 comment:

mike-floyd said...

Merry Xmas to you!

The new Homemade-Lofi-Psych sampler is ready and can be downloaded for free here:
http://homemade-lofi-psychedelic.blogspot.com/2008/12/hlfp-03-new-kids-on-blog.html

Enjoy!

mike-floyd
http://homemade-lofi-psychedelic.blogspot.com/